Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Domestic Help- Part 2

It is not all gloomy about the domestic help. There is a silver lining too.
Our driver is an excellent person.

When we moved back and looked at the traffic conditions of B'lore, I gave up the idea of driving completely. Plus, we both were new to Bangalore so routes and language was also a problem to get through.

As I have said earlier, we had decided not to act miserly and have as much convenience as possible to make ourselves comfy. So, we interviewed about 6 drivers by the same process of telling guards, etc.
Touch wood, but I feel so lucky to have our driver. I can completely rely on him. This trust developed over a period of 8 months. Trusting someone outright is not my style. I am like a highly suspicious woman out of any ekta kapoor soaps.
8 months is also not a long time but still, this man is a gem!

It does cost a lot of money. we pay him as much as my first job paid me about 8 years back. :) But he is every penny worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment