Monday, September 7, 2009

The R2I

All said and done, my husband got a good offer (profile and remuneration, location) and we pondered a lot and decided to accept it.

We worked on logistics and realized that we wanted to spend this one last Christmas in the US. Anyone who has lived in US knows how nice it is around Christmas. The " We wish you a merry Christmas", "Feliz Navidad", etc. still ring in my ears. This was an emotional bit of our R2I. Well, our date was set to Dec. 27th and we booked tickets. Now hunting for a relocating company began. Fortunately, it wasn't too difficult and we used the services of Universal Relocation to move our stuff back.
We wanted to take the entire US with us. I even wanted to bring one of the lovely Ranch style houses also. And also my CRV. But, land might have been the problem here. And left hand drives is no longer legal. We had to settle for a 20 Ft. truck. The shipment usually takes about 60 days to reach your doorstep in India from the date they pack it all up in US. So our shipment left on Dec. 14th and we knew we won't get to see our stuff for the next 60 days to the least or may be never.

However, here we are, 9 months R2I-ed and with all our stuff with us. I feel nice sitting on my US bought leather recliner as I am keying in the blog.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your earlier posts about why not do R2I. What made you move back to India. Was it something that you reluctantly agreed to or you got convinced with R2I. just curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thanks for your interest.
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, My husband was as adamant on moving back as I was about not moving back. So 1 had to give up. I did not want to be blamed my entire life for the misery I brought to him or his family for my materialistic reasons.So, you can say I reluctantly agreed. also, sometimes, harmony in the family becomes more important then anything else.

    ReplyDelete