Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting a Cell Phone Connection

I hate to write about this one. This was the thing that had me out of my wits for the first time. And it is not the only thing to stress me out. I have screamed at several people-on phone and in person. I never thought I can ever behave or scream like that.
The list of few targets of my woes are-
1) Big Bazaar
2) Courier- Prakash, Safex
3) Odyssey- Indira Nagar
4) Shoppers Stop
5) Airtel Service Center
6) Maids
7) Everyone else who comes in the way of my screaming ride

Apologies to anyone I have missed out on mentioning in my 'wall of claim'.
And my husband and daughter are the most frequent and ever available victims of my wrath. I feel really sorry for them.

Since we had moved back to a new city, we had no address proof immediately. Later on my husband for a address certificate from his office. But we needed SIM cards immediately. So our dear friend took a SIM on his name for us. Later on, my hubby went to airtel to transfer it in his name. And also to get 1 new SIM for me. They said it was not a problem and did it the same day.
about 4 days later I got an SMS saying that our SIM is going to get deactivated with immediate effect because the address cannot be verified.
What had happened was,after 23 days of our arrival and also after we had transferred the SIM, they went to verify our friend's address and he and his family were out of town. So, they cancelled our connection. Unfortunately, my mom and brother were flying from Delhi to visit us and now we had no way to communicate with them. It was such a mess. I really wanted to go back. Believe me, I had never wanted to be in US more before this incident. And of course, my unwillingness to R2I does not count here.

We rushed to the nearest airtel outlet to get a new connection. Thanks to traffic, the guard refused to let us in as the store was about to close. We pleaded and fought and got in somehow. and there was a looooong queue. It is queue in India for making a queue sake. you actually have to either barge in or even more simple- scream at the top of your voice to get attended to.
So we did a mix of both and told the story. They said that they came to verify our new address as well but there was no one at home. The problem is that these guys lie like anything. they deserve hell to lie so much. I did not step out of house before 8 pm any of these days to make sure that all couriers, verifications are attended to.

Finally we got 2 new connections. Again I stayed at home to get verified. The guy came after a few days and since then we have been using that number. This is the status as of now, can't say about the next minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment