Monday, September 7, 2009

My Reasons Against R2I

The list is long but might be worth reading.

1. Education system/ opportunities and ease of getting into top universities viz-a-viz top Indian engineering, medical or management colleges

2. Quality of life- Many might go against it but they will be the people who haven't lived outside of India.
General struggle for basic amenities is a lot. Power, water, housing, education, etc. are basic needs. Seeing my tax money going into government/ministers' pockets while I struggle to get things is not how I want my things to be.

Examples-Go to a bank, its a struggle to open a simple bank account.
It was almost impossible to get a SIM card when we landed in India and our cards got canceled about thrice before we finally got the last one.

3. Corporate/ work culture

4. Safety- Police and law in US does work. It really does. I know it is unbelievable for some.

5. Hygiene- Unless someone cites an example of "once in a godforsaken place in south Dakota", hygiene is not a problem in US. Whereas, finding a place to attend to nature's call should come with prior appointment in India. It's funny how I tell my daughter now not to drink water 'coz there are no clean toilets out there.

6. Lack of morals or humanity in general

7. My list will go on.

And by the end of this post, I must be sounding like an anti-India traitor. Believe me, every tale has a twist and so does this one. :)

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree!
    To add to your Point 2:
    It is unfortunate that most people get offended if you voice anything about things not working in India.They take it as a personal insult. For me patriotism is not about 'escaping' the reality. If you like your country, do something to make it better, but not silence someone who says things can be better/or are better in other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete