Monday, September 7, 2009

A Little Background

My husband is an Engineer and went to US to do his masters in 1999. It was his decision to go abroad to study but he also wanted to come back to India after a few(may be 4-5 years).
He completed his masters and was picked by one of the most sought after employers of the world and life moved on. We got married in 2004 and I also moved to US.

Life went on as a usual NRI couple. Exploring US, the differences, pros and cons, etc. My husband was very adamant on moving back all through. I was keen on moving back initially but as time went by, I did not want to come back. I found the American system of things more appealing. Some might want to call it material, but I would like to call it practical.

We had our disagreements on the topic of moving back and slowly I realized that he was as strong on moving back as I was on not moving back. The arguments got more serious and frequent. In the mean time we had our daughter in 2006.

I don't know if it was the responsibility that comes with motherhood, or the need to settle down in life being a parent or something else or may be I was sick of the arguments. I kind of gave up and left the decision to him. I told him how I felt but I also told him that I want to have a decision and a finale to this issue before our daughter starts going to school. So I gave him a time of 3 years in a way.

We were in India for good in Dec. 2008 - less then 2 years since we had the mentioned discussion about r2i.

The journey so far has been a mixed one. I won't say it was bad. But it is not great either. :)

Confused? Read on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi R2I-ed Blogger,

    So good to be reading someone write things that I also went through personally at around the same time.
    Thanks for sharing these!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete