Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Noise Noise everywhere!

Yes, there is noise 24/7. We live in a relatively quieter neighborhoods of bangalore.
Here are the variety of noises that makes you regret your decision at times and also, there is nothing you can do about it.

1. Traffic/ Honking, even in the quietest of neighborhoods. Or lets just say, there is nothing known as a quiet neighborhood in Bangalore. I am yet to see a street which does not have a market or a mini market or a cafe to keep the street noisy all the time. Not just honks, people have this loud annoying music as a car reversing attention noise. Some kannada music, some super irritating honking symphony, baby crying noise, animal sounds, name it, they have it.

Also, the gharrrrrrrrrrrr, gharrrrrrr, scooter noise that I can hear right now.

2. Constant baby crying noise- I am a mother myself and know what a baby crying is. But in apartment, there is no way you can escape this ever increasing (quantity and volume) of baby cries. one stops the other starts. Then the third is ready to give them competition.

3. Late night parties- I don't know if people really know what it is to live in apartments. I have had 2 incidents in the first 4 months of our stay when I had to personally scream or go, knock the door and plead to lower the volume at mid-night. Actually, the party begins at mid-night. Blasting music, people singing along, hahahaha-s, clappings, antakshris. I mean c'mon.
US was so quiet that sometimes it was depressing. And India is so bloody noisy that peace has evaporated completely.

4. women chit chatting across Balconies- can you even imagine......2 ladies in diagonally opposite buildings, different floors, discussing everything from their balconies, baby's health, the pediatrician, line of treatment, have your in-laws left, oh yeah I am a free bird again, did you see that movie, Uppi is looking soooooooooooooo cute, did you read about Pooja Gandhi's BF, Oh Really?, Yeah and what about Hritik and Barbara?.........

Give me a BREAKKKKKK!!

5. The temple Noise- Yes, I have a temple and a mosque across the street. I am not complaining about the mosque. And I am a hindu. I am complaining about the blasting mandir noise specially on festivals and special days. eeeeeeeeek! It is ...i don't know how to express.

You know what is the only noise I miss? sparrow noise, Koyal noise. It has disappeared. I don't think A will ever know what a sparrow chirp means. I feel sorry for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment