Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What do I miss?

I used to think I will miss a lot of things, but it isn't too bad actually.
Here are the things that I miss-
1)Roads- I cannot imagine having those roads and that organized traffic in India even 50 years from now. Roads and traffic really kills the entire fun and planning here. And many a times, kills people and animals too.

2) Cleanliness at home/ outside- I am a bathroom cleanliness freak. Even if my entire house is dirty, my toilets used to be sparkling clean. However hard I am trying, I am still thousands of miles away from THAT feeling of cleanliness. I don't still fell fress after taking a shower. We have made our bathroom as close to our US bathroom as possible. Shower curtain with liner, shower caddy, cleaning supplies, everything is there. But it still looks and feels not so clean.
Also, you cannot walk on the roads or footpaths without worrying about stepping into something really nasty. and I forgot to mention.....there are no footpaths at all. They are either dumping beds, broken or dug. else, the dogs and cows have occupied the space to sleep.

3)Public toilets- Actually, this is the chart topper. Going to the loo outside of your home is unthinkable. Only premium restaurants have clean toilets but you have no option to go to the toilet on highways or if you are out for sight seeing. So, better option is to stay hungry and thirsty.

4) Taco bell- It might be just me but I do miss Chicken chalupa, 7-layer burritos so very much.:(

5) Shopping- Shopping or going to the mall is US is fun, and entertaining. I sometimes found shopping therapeutic also. (you can think of me as a shopaholic....its ok)
But going to a mall in India means mob, annoyance, spoilt mood, etc. Because Mall in india is definitely not a place to shop here. People come to entertain their guests, date, or just pass time over the weekends.
"Honey I am bored....lets go to the mall"......i think every house speaks this over the weekends.

6)People- I do miss those well behaved, courteous people, those un-staring people, those not rude people, honest people, On-time people. I miss all these kinds of people.

7) Order- By order I mean just the order of things. Like cars are parked in parking lots, not in the middle of the roads.
People walk in parks or on curbs. Out here, people start taking a stroll on the main road while you apply sudden breaks to your car. But they won't pick up speed....they will still stroll at their own pace....on the road.
The stores open and close on a fixed time. Not whenever they wake up.

I think, thats all I am missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment